Sunday, July 31, 2005

New Job!

So I haven't really talked about it a while lot on here because I try to avoid posting to many monotonous details of my professional life, but obviously I have a new job to announce, so I should back up a bit and explain...I have been job searching for the past three weeks. My boss at PR-at-Large, Nikki, is finally making the move to get out of PR and start her own clothing line and/or boutique, a dream she's held for a long time, and is therefore phasing out the business, doing less PR for our clients, leaving not enough money and not enough work to justify my current full-time position. I will keep doing part-time work with her on my own time, but yikes, what about my bills and what about the development of my career??

Yeah, I was pretty well freaked the f#@k out when all this went down, but I tried to stick with the positive outlook I struggle to maintain, looking at this transition as an opportunity for something better. And, luckily, it has turned out to be just that!

I'm starting next week as an Editorial Assistant at new PDX Magazine, set to launch in October. Modeled on the Time Out-style "Listings Bible," it's going to be a monthly publication of entertainment, culture, nightlife, shopping, restaurant, events (etc) features and listings.

I have a feeling that my adventures and research on the job will provide a lot of fodder for the blog, and the experience will prove invaluable to turning PONY into a full-fledged mag itself one day (soon)...so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment