Wednesday, July 27, 2005

LATE-breaking news

Remember my little love affair earlier this month with the pop culture-obsessed beauty editor-written blog Jolie in NYC? Well, lots o' crazy stuff has happened for her in the past week, and I have been remiss in not sharing the news with all you, my lovely readers. (I'm not sure if any of you actually find my media-world news interesting, but it's kind of my obsession, and I'm gonna blog about it if I want to! And I really do hope you find it at least a little bit captivating, even if it's in a don't-want-to-admit-I'm-that-shallow kind of way.)

So Jolie...well, the mask has come off and thanks to a silly beauty publicist (gotta love them!), this anonymous beauty editor was outed last week as Nadine Haobsh, an asociate beauty editor at Ladies' Home Journal:



Small world - my ASME friend, Meredith, is an editorial assistant at LHJ.

Anyway, the blog was quickly taken down, and Nadine's fresh-on-the-table job offer from Seventeen to be their new beauty editor (she had already given notice at LHJ) was rescinded. Ouch!

But, come on, this is the media bubble of New York - no publicity is bad publicity! Nadine had the blog back up by the end of the week (with a new "direct all press inquiries ot my publicist" note, of course) and has now signed with the William Morris Agency to write a book about the beauty industry, complete with TV and movie tie-ins. She was also on MSNBC and is booked on Tyra's Banks's new TV show and Anderson Cooper's CNN show. Hmmm, I have a feeling that all this new excitement is a lot more lucrative (albeit, without all the swag perhaps) than that editor gig anyway.

See? Anonymity gets you nowhere! To keep up with all this craziness, feel free to go directly to the source: Jolie in NYC, now providing the behind-the-scenes stories of what it's like to be newly infamous in the media world (a girl can dream, right?)

Now, if only someone would take notice of our little blog here and hmmm, maybe offer me a book deal? A magazine deal? Maybe just a deal on my car insurance?

No comments:

Post a Comment