Monday, June 20, 2005

New York City - Sunday, 6.12.05

"I wish it was Sunday - ooooh-woah - 'Cause that's my fun day - ooooh-woah"

Yeah....I pretty much disagree with that Bangles song because no matter what - like even when you're on vacation and don't have to go back to work or anything on Monday - Sunday is pretty much a lazy and worthless day. It was no different in New York, and I finally caught up on sleep by dozing until close to 3pm. Classic Liz, right?

In any case, once I woke up all refreshed, I got dolled up to hit the town (in my new H&M top) and head out to Brooklyn to see Emily, Kim and Kerry and the 'hood (Park Slope) that they call home.

On the way there I came across yet another example of PONY synergy: New York's well-known Roseland, just like our own Roseland venue here in Portland!




What you can't see is the poster for the upcoming Sleater-Kinney show (the indie chick band who calls Portland home). Talk about a meta-PONY moment!

After this thrilling encounter, I hopped on the subway and rocked out to Alanis Morisette on Mari's iPod all the way out to Park Slope. Once there, Emily, Kim and I got some grub at Lobo (I don't think this CitySearch profile I linked to is the right location, but it sounds like the place - weird). The Tex Mex wasn't that good compared to what I'm used to from California, or even here in Portland, but I was hungry and the chicken fajitas filled me right up.

Now satiated, I went back to Emily and Kim's pad for a little home tour and to meet their adorable kitties, and then Emily headed back out for a nice stroll on the tree-lined and brownstone-lined streets of Park Slope and indulged in some ice cream at Haagen-Dazs (That's right, no Tasti-D-Lite for me! I want the real shit!).

I headed back soon after that (didn't want to be chillin' on the subway alone too late at night), again with Alanis as my soundtrack (this will be an important detail for the next post), and then just hung out at Mari's apartment for the rest of the evening. Lame, I know, but I was happy with the day. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment