Tuesday, April 26, 2005

My latest crushes...

Please humor me for a few minutes as I digress from meaningful blog contributions (ha ha - I promise I'm not that delusional) and offer up my own personal version of Lucky. In other words, here are the things I've been eyeing during my virtual window shopping and for lack of anything real to write about, I'm going to show you pictures of my desired items and tell you why I want them. Psychoanalysis optional.



The classic Eero Saarinen Tulip table. I've been big on mod white accents lately (as you'll see with the alarm clock below), and this would be so fun to sit down at. Hell, I might even eat at my dining room table if this was it.



The real thing is over $1,000. Hmm, yeah, I think I'll be picking up this $150 Ikea version instead.



Back when it was weirdly sunny for weeks at a time, I got a new bike - well, new to me since it's a vintage Schwinn cruiser, brown paint with white starbursts on it. Then it started to rain again, bringing all us Portlanders back down to reality, and sentencing my new bicycletta to my dining room. Before I start riding for real, I want to add these blue glitter handlebar grips to add some pizzazz. Isn't blue and brown a sweet combo?



I've got WAY to much makeup when you consider how much I don't wear it. But it's just so fun to buy and imagine getting all prettied up. I don't know about the rest of y'all ladies, but I've got two makeup bags - the big storage catch-all for all the stuff I think I'll use one day but never works its way into my daily routine, and the small, fit-in-my-oh-so-fabulous purse small pouch for my daily essentials. The problem is that my small travel makeup bag is old, so old it has a "Heetrz" sticker on it (Mari knows what I'm talking about - all the way back to high school). So I want this punchy modern-yet-retro makeup bag. I think it'll make me smile every time I don't like what I see in the mirror.



Sevens. I know, how typical. But no jeans have ever made my butt look as good as the classic Sevens I got at Atrium during my NYC summer. Now those Sevens have a huge hole above the left knee and it's only a matter of days before my underwear starts showing through the thinning denim covering my ass. It's time for a new pair. And why fix something if it ain't broke, right?



I so want a camera phone. There's always random things I notice when I'm out and about that I want to show someone else. Plus, I'm bored with my phone and I think it sounds like crap (from what people tell me). So when John finally gets that $150 credit to Car Toys in the mail, I'm heading right over there and making this phone mine. And then I probably won't be able to stop posting cell phone photos on the blog. Watch out!



Dad, this one's for you. I have a soft spot in my heart for horses thanks to the mornings spent at the race track with my dad when I was just a toddler, eating waffles and watching the race horses get their morning exercise. I desperately want to ride again, but until then, I think this small duffel should be my summer bag (don't worry, I'm still loyal to my Botkier - just need a more casual bag to get down and dirty with during the summer).



This is pretty much the alarm clock version of the Eero Saarinen table, so hot. And as anyone who knows me knows, I simply canNOT wake up in the morning, so maybe the robotic voice that yells out the time as the "alarm" will be just the thing to get me out of bed.



Lately I've really wanted to do some old-school paint-by-numbers, and what's more perfect for me than a horse portrait? Alexis, can we make paint-by-numbers the next crafting project...after the wood beads, of course!


So that's all the rad stuff that's on my radar (ick, that damn Radar magazine - I really hope I don't end up liking it, which I probably will). Anyone want to contribute to the Liz-Wants-To-Go-Shopping fund? Ha ha. Seriously (Mom), I'm going to pay my bills, promise. In the meantime, though, Nikki, my boss, gave me her $150 credit to b-glowing.com, the beauty website we rep, so I'm gonna go do some real spending on all the get-pretty stuff I'd never be able to afford in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment